Monday, September 23, 2013

Whole Life Challenge Days 14-15-16


The Second Full Weekend in Hell


1) What did you consume?


Generally more of the same–Larabars, nuts, fruit, meat and vegetables. Sampled some WLC approved dishes from friends including baked plantains, mashed cauliflower and bacon wrapped dates (yum).  I also remembered to take supplements over the weekend.

2) Were you active and what did you do?


Yes, I did CrossFit all three days. On Sunday, the gym coordinated a special workout in a local park for the Whole Life Challenge participants where they gave out some awards to help motivate people through the challenge. I won the anti-spirit award.

3) Did you complete the lifestyle objective and how do you feel?


The new lifestyle objective is to get 7 hours of sleep within a 24 hour period. So, I'm confused. Do they want me to stay up all night cooking and cleaning to comply with the nutrition rules, or do they want me to sleep heartily?

4) Did you cheat/lie?


Yes. Apparently 3 truly is a magic number, yes it is. I can sing the rest of that song for you because I was in School House Rock Live Jr, the musical, in high school. Real cool kid. Real cool. 

I say that because I'm letting myself get away with cheating in quantities of 3 without docking a point. As if that's enough for me to feel at peace with the lie. For example, what's 3 pieces of candy corn (again), or surely I can consume just 3 regular Scoops tortilla chips to eat this guacamole before I switch over to veggies (whoops). It's enough for me to get the flavor of what I'm craving while enabling me to make anyone calling me out feel foolishly oppressive. 

I really don't feel bad about these antics. It's enough for me to get over my FOMO syndrome (fear of missing out) without truly cheating. I mean, otherwise everyone would know how good the candy corn tastes but me–Not fair. What if this batch of Scoops tastes different and somehow better than the last time?

I tried to cheat & dock a point with this little number 
in an apex of rage. Sold out. Such was my weekend.

5) How do you feel?


Like this:



This weekend, Sunday in particular, was terrible. Aside from assigning it the pseudonym the "No Life Challenge," where we do things like play Yahtzee while other people get to do things like drink and be merry (Jerks. I'm looking at you Alex N.), I felt like crap all day Sunday. Cloudy, tired, headachy–Once again feeling hungover without the fun that should precede it.

No comments:

Post a Comment