Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Whole Life Challenge Day 11

Tuesday, September 17th


1) What did you consume?


A veggie omelet, a banana, a Larabar, some grapes, some shredded beef and sweet potatoes  from the crockpot (thankfully, it turned out tasting pretty good) and just a COUPLE nuts. Couldn't help it. I'm addicted and hungry. Is there a program for nut addiction?

2) Were you active and what did you do?


Nancy! My least favorite CrossFit benchmark to-date. I'd rather engage in all forms of medieval torture simultaneously than do Nancy. It's 5 rounds of a 400m run and 15 overhead squats at 65#. Due to my defective face, which also gives me defective shoulder mobility, I feel like I'm squatting in slow motion to maintain stability. Also, I suck and running. And I'm a baby. I PR'ed by a minute and a half, but that's kind of like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.


3) Did you complete the lifestyle challenge?


Yes.

4) Did you cheat/lie?


Those couple of nuts felt like cheating because I had sworn them off after two days of hangovers. And I chewed gum. It was strawberry kiwi flavored and I'm not sorry–I'm playing nut defense over here. You gotta make sacrifices.

5) How do you feel?


Even though my time is only approaching respectable, the PR on Nancy felt good. Also, I learned how to clime a rope for the first time ever! A huge former fat kid victory!! (No, really obese little girl, you have to try once...Hmm maybe just the sit and reach for you, then).

Truth be told, either of those things could have happened sans the WLC, but it certainly didn't hurt. I'd say the level of vomit creeping into the back of my throat during Nancy decreased roughly 60%, which I can probably attribute to the WLC. It's motivation to move on either way.




No comments:

Post a Comment