Monday, October 7th
1) What did you consume?
A banana, meatloaf, 2.5 Larabars (fail), an apple, a handful of almonds and chili with some avocado.
I made some good free form chili in desperation to make a meal out of what was in my sparce kitchen without having to shop. It goes like this:
Berka's Hobo Chili of Desperation
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package spicy chicken sausage from Trader Joes
- 1 can Cuban style black beans w/ liquid (regular black beans would probably be the same)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 normal sized can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T cumin
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 t sea salt
- Cook ground beef in crushed garlic and separately cook bacon, drain both
- Chop bacon, slice chicken sausage
- Combine all meats, diced red pepper and diced yellow onion and cook for about 10 minutes until onions are translucent
- Add everything else
- Simmer for at least 2 hours over low heat
2) Were you active and what did you do?It's the start of a crazy work week with a huge amount of deadlines rapidly approaching. As a result, I didn't leave the office until 8PM and over indulged on the aforementioned Larabars. It was the Larabars or my left arm.
I didn't make it to CrossFit, but I walked briskly during my commute (no I didn't) and stood on the train both ways--active rest, people! (that's a lie too).
3) Did you complete the lifestyle challenge?Yep, this blog is coming out late because I didn't have time to even format and hit the send button at work. But here it is. Mission accomplished.
4) Did you cheat/lie?Yes, I refuse to dock a workout point, so I'm counting the commute walk.
Also, I had 6 autumn Jelly Bellies. One of each seasonal flavor. Had to. Not negotiable. Did you know you're missing out on pumpkin pie and caramel apple Jellie Bellies? I didn't either. You're welcome. Now aren't you glad I cheated?
5) How do you feel?
Still emotionally borderline, despite feeling a bit better lately. The drain on time and energy really takes a perpetual toll.
Cumulative Deductions: 13