Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Whole Life Challenge Day 31

Monday, October 7th


1) What did you consume?


A banana, meatloaf, 2.5 Larabars (fail), an apple, a handful of almonds and chili with some avocado.

I made some good free form chili in desperation to make a meal out of what was in my sparce kitchen without having to shop. It goes like this:

Berka's Hobo Chili of Desperation

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 package spicy chicken sausage from Trader Joes
  • 1 can Cuban style black beans w/ liquid (regular black beans would probably be the same)
  • 1 can pinto beans, drained
  • 1/2 lb bacon
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 normal sized can tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
  • 3 T chili powder
  • 1 T garlic powder
  • 1 T cumin
  • 2-3 cloves crushed garlic 
  • 1 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 T black pepper
  • 1 t sea salt

  1. Cook ground beef in crushed garlic and separately cook bacon, drain both
  2. Chop bacon, slice chicken sausage
  3. Combine all meats, diced red pepper and diced yellow onion and cook for about 10 minutes until onions are translucent 
  4. Add everything else 
  5. Simmer for at least 2 hours over low heat

2) Were you active and what did you do?

It's the start of a crazy work week with a huge amount of deadlines rapidly approaching. As a result, I didn't leave the office until 8PM and over indulged on the aforementioned Larabars. It was the Larabars or my left arm.

I didn't make it to CrossFit, but I walked briskly during my commute (no I didn't) and stood on the train both ways--active rest, people! (that's a lie too).

3) Did you complete the lifestyle challenge?

Yep, this blog is coming out late because I didn't have time to even format and hit the send button at work. But here it is. Mission accomplished.

4) Did you cheat/lie?

Yes, I refuse to dock a workout point, so I'm counting the commute walk.

Also, I had 6 autumn Jelly Bellies. One of each seasonal flavor. Had to. Not negotiable. Did you know you're missing out on pumpkin pie and caramel apple Jellie Bellies? I didn't either. You're welcome. Now aren't you glad I cheated?

5) How do you feel?


Still emotionally borderline, despite feeling a bit better lately. The drain on time and energy really takes a perpetual toll.

Cumulative Deductions: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment