Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Whole Life Challenge In Review

Sorry guys, sorry. 


I'm really sorry. I know I let my daily readers down with no immediate grand end post to the Whole Life Challenge. But, you see, I've been a little busy. Eating my face off. Take a look:

Saturday
  • Breakfast - Guinness and a big stack of chocolate chip pancakes
  • Lunch - Pequods deep dish pizza w/ sausage and pepperoni
  • Dinner - 3 soft shell tacos
  • Roughly 12 hours of drinking

Sunday
  • Brunch - Dunkin Donuts double chocolate donut, a large coffee with extra cream & sugar and a sausage wakeup wrap
  • Dinner - 1/2 a large Papa John's pizza
Monday
  • Breakfast - Omelet (I needed a break)
  • Lunch - Cocoa Krispies with milk...from a cow, not almonds
  • Dinner - Portillos large cheese fries with extra cheese and a chocolate cake shake
Tuesday
  • Breakfast/Lunch - Fruit and chili (Fearing the unravel of 60 days hard work)
  • Dinner - 2 giant slices of leftover Pequod's (Screw the hard work)

So how did I fair?


I'll post the final 3 WLC learnings over the next couple of days, but it feels most appropriate now to share my final reflection as a whole. Since this whole blog has been subjective I've done my best to quantify my results for the review.

Baseline measures


Weight: Lost 6 lbs

Waist: Lost 1 inch

Hips: Lost 1 inch

Workout: Not. A. Damn. Change. I cannot begin to explain how furious I was. Good thing we had already shattered the mirrors in the gym with barbells long ago, because I may have shattered one with my fist. I of course came down with a helluva cold the night before the retest. Despite knowing that I am in a much better state of physical fitness, it did not come through in my results. 

Points: -14 points total. That's 38 deductions plus 24 blog points.

Sentiment Graphing


Just for you, because I know how invested you are in my Whole Life Journey, I went back and read each blog post to rate my daily sentiment towards the Whole Life Challenge. It's not meant to portray how fit or healthy I felt, but my attitudes and emotions towards the WLC, which literally dictated my mood every single day. In my opinion, it's the most important measure. If I'm not happy, fitness and health don't matter.

WLC Mood

While I'm surprised to see that I was probably trending a little more positive than negative during the second half of the challenge, it's because I allowed myself to cheat more. In any event, my mental and emotional imbalance is clear.

2 comments: